Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Mini-View Featuring Kitsie Duncan







Tonight I bring you Indiana's own Kitsie Duncan. Kitsie is part of Bloomington's Darkrider Filmworks. Having worked in front of the camera as a model for many years, she has more recently made the transition from modeling to acting. You can see her starring in Darkrider's new film Lethal Obsession, alongside another Indiana actor Marv Blauvelt (Sculpture, Beef: You are what you eat, and COME).

To find more about Kitsie:

For more info about Darkrider Studios:

And to pick up your copy of Lethal Obsession, or to learn more about the film:

1. Living in Indiana, do you find that there is a lack of film makers working in Indiana? If so, what do you think the state needs to help attract more film work?

Well it's certainly not LA or Chicago, but there are more than you would think. There is a lot of independent talent in Indiana and the Midwest as a whole. I would love to see some bigger production companies come to Indiana though, just as they have Chicago and Michigan. I know that recently Indiana has passed some film making tax incentives, but it is a very small amount and only if your budget is over $100,000.00. Indiana is my home, and I've gotten to know so much of the talent here the past few years, I would love to see more film makers shooting here.



2. Do you think that going from modeling to acting is kind of the next step? Because modeling kind of puts the focus of the camera on the subject, almost playing out a scene.


You have a great point there. It was a very natural transition, modeling is acting in it's own right, especially my horror pin up that I love an adore. Just because your dressed up as a psych ward patient, you have to sell it with your eyes and expressions to make it work. I love doing both, but acting is my passion right now. I am always looking for my next roll, I want to try everything from the psycho crazy lady to the sweet loving mom.



3. If you could pick a director, living or dead, whom you would love to work with. Who would you choose and why?

Of course my husband is my first choice, but oh wow, this is a really tough one! My fan girl comes into play here, I would LOVE to work with Rob Zombie. I am a huge fan of his work and the actors he works with. His characters are so memorable and so distinct. That is why I love his films so much. Honestly my list could go on and on, but I've just been really impressed by his work. But for giggles let me add John Hughes and George Lucas, again pulling my fan girl card ;)



4. Do you think that females in horror kind of get wrongfully labeled because of the roles they choose? It's a genre that has time and time again type casted women as slutty and ignorant.

I think more so in the past than today. I understand women are going to take the rolls they can get, but more an more rolls are for stronger women. Of course your going to have your eye candy in films, and it's completely understandable, men now a days are getting rolls for their striking good looks and amazing builds as well especially in the horror genre (I'm not complaining). I really don't feel that women in horror always live up to that stereo type anymore. I really feel it is a change for the better. Women are stronger in today's day and age and I think it's being reflected in the genre. Sure you're always going to have your not so bright victims. But it wouldn't be horror with out that :)



5. Lastly, if you could give any advice to aspiring young females who are looking to get into acting what would you tell them?

Stop thinking about it and do it! Find local casting calls online, search for your area and just do it! I am so happy with my choice, and so lucky to have the support of my amazing friends and family.


1 comment:

  1. Kitsie is a great talent. I honestly believe big things are on the horizon for her.

    ReplyDelete