Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Mini-View Featuring Michael Kenneth Fahr








Michael Kenneth Fahr, known for the films Brainjacked and The Uh-Oh Show, graduated from the Ringling School of Art and Design in Sarasota, FlL with a BA in illustration.

"I did some plays in college: The Poet and The Rent, I played the factory owner. And 2 original plays: The Perfect Man i played two parts, the mob boss and the flasher. Daylight I played the demon king. I studied improv for a year. I did all the theater and improv stuff before i did anything on film. Film is very different and it was a learning experience not to look at the camera when its a few inches from my face. I also feed off the audience when i would do a play and that aspect wasn't there with film. I don't think one is easier then the other, they are just different. I grew up and lived in Connecticut until I went to college in Florida. I am currently working on my film reel. I love horror films and am happy to have done a handful but I'm most proud of Wicked Backwards, written/directed by Michael T Morgan, because its a serious drama. One film I would like everyone to keep an eye out for is Victimized, its a suspense thriller that i wrote, directed and starred in. its now in post prodction and i will be going back for pick up shots and reshoots soon!"


Michael's IMDB page:

Check out the website for Brainjacked:

Here you can view the trailer for Victimized:

1. How did you get into film? Was it something you actually wanted to pursue?

Well I actually got into acting while I was in college with the drama club. During my summers, I took some acting classes to see if it was something I could do. I liked it and continued to do theater and study Improv. I didn't have any film experience until I auditioned for a small company in MA. That audition was seen by a film student that I knew and he ended up casting me in his project. The feature film was never finished but that was my first time being on a film set and it helped me adjust working on film instead of the stage. After that I worked on a few other indie projects and one thing kind of just lead to another. So yes it is something that I have pursued!

2. If you could work with any actor/actress and any director on a film, who would they be and why?

One director that I really want to work with is Tim Sullivan. I enjoy his films, they are really well made and I would love the opportunity to be directed by him. There's a lot of Hollywood actors that I would love to work with but I have to work on getting my SAG card first. I can tell you that I would love to work with someone on a comedy or an action film though!

3. What would you consider your greatest achievement since getting into film? Is there a certain moment, someone you have met/worked with, or just a feeling you have gotten?

I don't think my greatest achievement has happened yet. I don't want to think I've already had it because if I have where do I go from there? I have had a lot of great moments and one particular instance that I'm proud of is playing Charles in Brainjacked. Which by the way is on dvd now! When I auditioned for the film, I thought I did awful. I figured there was no was I was getting cast in that and then a few weeks later the director called and offered me the part of Charles. The reason I liked playing Charles so much is because when I watch the film, I don't feel like I'm watching me, I don't feel like there is really a trace of Michael in him

4. On the opposite end of the spectrum. Has there been a moment that you thought maybe this was not the place you needed to be in life? And if it's not too personal, could you elaborate?

That's a loaded question for me. (laughs) There have been so many times where I have felt I wasn't in the right place with my life. But the only thing you can really do is listen to your inner voice and when you follow it, you will be where you should be. Remember not everything is going to happen the way you think it should but as long as you keep moving forward you will always become closer to your dreams.

5. Finally. Do you have a 'guilty pleasure' film? A movie that perhaps might be considered uncool, or might get a few laughs from others if they new you had a fond love of.

I don't know if some of my favorite films are a guilty pleasure or not. I really like Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Psycho Beach Party and Sunset Blvd.


Many thanks to Michael for being part of The Mini-View!

No comments:

Post a Comment